I have socks on the needle.
I tried to resist but I needed something that I could do without concentrating too much for when the kids were screaming in the garden. I have sat outside for most of the day today knitting socks in 74 degrees. ( lovely tan too! ).
I am down to the toe shaping on one and I have just completed the rib on the second.
They are in Sirdar magic self striping and the colour is green and blue. I didn't particularly like the colourway in the ball but it is knitting up nicely.
I am also up to almost 3 pattern repeats on the Diagonale shawl. It is going very well but is not a project I can work on for long when there are other people about....hence the socks!!!!
I am still looking for a nice ( cheapish ) laceweight to do another one in. I am veering towards Violet Green (http://violetgreen.co.uk ) I think as their laceweight gives alot of yardage for 100g. I could possibly get a shawl and a thinner scarf from one 100g skein. Plus they have some gorgeous colours.
Hope to have some piccies tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment