Monday, 17 December 2007

All Christmas gifts complete....



I have done!!!!!!!!!!!

All knitted Christmas gifts that are going to be finished are finished.
Above is the red mistake rib scarf for my nephew. This would have been a quick knit if I hadn't put it down for 3 weeks and forgotten the pattern. Everywhere I looked on the net had a different variation and I couldn't remember which it was. I spent a good half hour yesterday trying to work out the pattern from looking at it and finally worked it out.
In case I forget again....
Cast on 23 stitches. (5.5 needle).
SL1p, K1 ( P2, K2 )repeat end P1........each row the same.

I am planning to use this again with my brown and cream handpun to make the rim of a hat and then pick up stitches and do the crown in cream.

Also above are my neices gloves in cotton, plain K3, P1 rib, and my sister in laws whitewater wristwarmers that have sat waiting for a thumb for the best part of 3 weeks.

Aswell as the above knitting there have been socks. I am still a pair down for my nephew but he can have them as an extra surprise after Christmas.

I am being abit wary of gifting knitted items this year and I am only giving them to people that I know will appreciate them and realise the time and love that goes into it.

1 comment:

Cinders said...

Gosh you have been busy! im sure everybody will appreciate your lovely knits