I've been sent to bed like a naughty child for being ill.
My cold has got worse over the week, I just cannot seem to shift it.
Thursday night when hubby came home I went to bed for a couple of hours and I never do that unless I feel really bad. Yesterday with it being Good Friday hubby was home. I spent most of the day in bed and yet again today I have been banished to the bedroom.
The problem is that I feel like a fraud. Most of the time I am up here playing on Ravelry ( thank goodness for the laptop! ) or knitting. Once I get up though and start moving about I go downhill pretty rapidly.
No photos as the camera is downstairs and obviously I am not allowed down there.
I have managed to do some spinning.
I have finished the Alpaca, plyed it and dyed it a really pretty lilac.
I have spun the roving that I dyed at the beginning of the week. I have spun and plyed the orange/purple stuff and it looks lovely, I am really pleased with it.
For the first time ever I spun 100g of singles onto 1 bobbin, wound it into a centre pull ball with the ball winder and then plyed together from both ends to use every bit of the fibre. It worked brilliantly and I am going to use this method all the time now. I was abit worried that it might just tangle on itself but it didn't and it plyed up so quickly.
I have 208 yards of lilac alpaca and 198 yards of hand dyed roving ( need a name for that ) both 100g. the yardage suggests that it's slightly thicker than DK. I'm still hopeful of enough for socks. ( even if they will be short leg socks ).
On the bobbin now I have the red/pink that I dyed as roving. That is spinning up interestingly also. I'm spinning abit thinner as I am determined to have more yardage this time.
1 comment:
Get well soon. Sorry that you are ill over Easter. Glad that you are still managing to do your knitting, crochet and Ravelry.
Post a Comment