
This is why I haven't been around for a while.We have 2 new additions to the family.
My son has named them Chucky and Tara but we just call them stoopid 1 and stoopid 2. They are totally doolally. We have had them now for 11 days and for the past 7 they have been allowed to roam about the garden. They now come to me when I shout them as they think they will get bread and they follow us around the garden.
I think we must have the most insecure hens in history as they don't like being on their own. I was sat out on Tuesday on the patio and they came and laid at the side of me to sunbathe.
We have had an egg a day off each of them so far and believe me they taste so much different from shop bought eggs, even the free range ones that I always insisted we bought.
We have also bought a big plastic walk in greenhouse which currently has pumpkins, carrotts, spring onions, cucumbers and pansies shooting up in it with a large tomato plant outside and potatoes growing in pots. Hubby has even dug a plot out for me in part of the garden that we don't use.
It really is 'the good life'.
2 comments:
move over Tom and Barbara!! I'd love to have chickens, but in a suburban house with a little dairylea garden I dont think so!!
I agree with cinders, I SO want to move somewhere with a decent sized yard and have a few chickens of my own - I'll have to live vicariously thru your blog until the real estate market here gets better!
Post a Comment