Monday, 12 January 2009

How many is unreasonable....


Keiths socks
Originally uploaded by knittywittywoo
I ask that as at the moment I have 5 socks on the needles. Even worse they are all 1st socks, not a second sock in sight.
I think it is because I have been feeling rather unsettled lately, hopefully that will soon pass.

I have a sock in the Spring Forward pattern in a dark slatey colour which is about halfway down the foot. I don't like this enough to keep it so once the pair is finished they will be gifted either for a friends birthday ( size 4 ) in February or to my sister in law ( size 5 ) for Christmas. It all depends on where the pattern repeat stops on the foot, I do like the pattern though it is very easy to do and I plan to make a pair for myself once I find nicer yarn.

I have a sock almost finished, it was done toe up and is sitting on the needles while I decide if it's to be frogged or gifted. I don't particularly like this one either. I just did a simple sock but put a panel of faggoted lace going up the outside of the foot and continueing up the leg. I don't like the way it lays on the leg and think the pattern would have been better either central or used as an all over pattern. So, could be frogged or could be gifted to my niece as she's a size 7 same as me.

I have 2 socks on the needles for my son. Unfortunately they are different pairs. One is done in top down with heel flap over 50 stitches which I think may turn out too tight and have to be re-done and the other is just started top down over 52 stitches. I cast on the 2nd as I want to try short row heels and I think I have found an explanation easy enough for me to understand.

Also today I have cast on for another pair for Mr K. ( Hubby ). He loves the pair I made him for Christmas. He works in an old mill building and his feet get really cold so I lovingly sorted, washed, carded, spun, plied and knitted him some socks from Jacob fleece ( see photo ). They are really, really warm. As he has reminded me though he works 5 days and 1 pair of socks aren't going to last. I have cast on with some Cheviot that I aready had spun also from fleece.

My socks I was knitting from the spun Ryeland are finished and keeping my feet warm as I type. They are so soft. I will try to get some photo's up later.


Meanwhile, on the loom and the wheels....nothing.

No comments: