Friday, 6 February 2009

No sock yarn stash.


My sock 2
Originally uploaded by knittywittywoo
What kind of sock knitter am I that I have no stash?
I do have a bit, I have a ball of blue/white that I don't like after doing Mr K and little K a pair. I have a ball of black, enough said, and I have a nice skein of merino/tencel that I made a mess of last time I tried to wind so I just look at this in the skein thinking how pretty it looks. It also feels too slippy for socks so is waiting for something wow.

I obviously need to stash more good quality sock yarns.

Anyhow, I needed socks on the needle. I looked through everything and in and amongst the good stuff there seems to be an awful lot of crap. I found this. Peru by Adriafil. It comes in 200g balls and had already been used to make little K a hat and scarf. It's 75% wool and 25% acrylic. It's 9wpi/10ply and kitting up so fast on 2.5mm needles. I love the stitch definition and how it feels of wool not acrylic. I need to get another ball to finish my socks but it just means there will be enough for little K a pair too.
This is his school colours, well the grey and maroon, the light pink just happens to be his favourite colour.

No comments: