I seemed to be plying forever on the Seaside Rock. It looked to be plying totally differently all the way through so I don't think there's going to be any self striping pattern happening. I have put it on my new 1.5 yard Niddy Noddy and I am getting a total of 250 yards. It is also coming in at around 12wpi, which is a sport weight so could still be socks but I would have to do them toe up again.
I thought I was spinning quite thin with this so that has come as a abit of a surprise. Eternal Flame came in at around 14wpi. I do think my spinning and plying has been more consistant this time though so thats good. I have yet to take it off the Niddy Noddy to see how it hangs.
I normally wind my singles from the bobbin onto the ball winder and ply from both ends holding the ball in my left hand with my thumb through the middle. This time I placed an empty toilet roll through the middle and it made it much easier. I was able to control the tension of both singles with my right hand while controlling the twist with my left....so I have learnt something new.
No comments:
Post a Comment