Needles, 2.25mm for rib, 2.5mm for main sock.
Yarn, King cole zig zag. Colour 748.
Size, medium, ladies uk size 7.
Yardage used, Approx 68g / 335 yards.

I have resisted knitting this pattern for so long. I had read alot about sizing issues, the sock being too tight to pull over the heel.
I researched lots of other knitters needle sizes and yarn and decided to go with a needle 2.5mm, not the 2.25mm in the pattern.
The yarn I used I have hated everytime I have cast on for plain socks but with this pattern I love it.

The result is a lovely pair of socks.
I am planning to cast on a 2nd pair but to try the small size and still use 2.5mm needles as these feel abit, just abit loose.
For these socks I used my dpn's and with those I feel a true sock knitter. For plain socks I use my small 9" circular and always feel a fraud. That is why I bought and taught myself to knit with dpn's.
Isn't that silly?
The results are still the same and nobody could ever tell which needle I have used to knit my socks......it's all in my head.
On my next pair I plan to use the 9" circular...ssshhhhh!
1 comment:
delicious socks, i was a little worried at the leg coming out of the wall though!
Post a Comment