Mr K has sent me upstairs to the studio to have some me time. Something I definately lack during school holidays when the kids are here.
My studio is upstairs at the side of the house, I have to go through the utility room and then upstairs to what is in effect a flat. Mr K's Mum stayed here when she came to visit from Cyprus but has now bought a house so it's mine.
Its a living room, a bedroom and a bathroom / shower room or as we call it, a spinning / weaveing room, knitting / wool room and dyeing room. ( I obviously don't use it as a bathroom too )
It has all been set out for me, just as I want it and it's brill.
Its a place I can come to work or play and just be me.
Unfortunately during the school holidays there is less chance of me being here as I have to be able to hear what the monsters are doing.
I have missed my special place.
Coming up for 10 minutes at a time to grab the wool I need or to quickly wind a skein for socks is not as much fun as being here and able to concentrate.
So Mr K sent me up here 3 hours ago and won't let me back into the house where the monsters are. he keeps bringing me cups of coffee and I had 1/2 a packet of HobNobs here so I have been looked after.
Its been lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment