Well, after saying I wouldn't get too involved in patchwork quilting ( which I have discovered are 2 different things, I think ) I have attended my first class.
I went to Holmfirth with a friend last Thursday and I just popped into the craft shop. I wasn't even planning on buying anything.
I got talking to the lady in there about patchwork and I said I was teaching myself with books and just having fun. Well, this lady goes to a patchwork club on Tuesday mornings. She took my number and passed it on to the teacher who phoned me Thursday night.
The result was that yesterday I went on 2 buses to Holmbridge and took part in a patchwork class from 10-12.30. The class is £5 with a coffee, biscuit and all fabrics thrown in. 4 buses added another £5 to the day.
We aren't making blankets, we are just being taught the basics. To be honest I could probably pick it up from books and the internet but there's something really nice about being in a group of like minded people.
I've talked it over with Mr K. I have been abit down recently through various things and he said that yesterday was the first night he has come home from work to find me happy. He says I am definately going back and its well worth the £10, cheaper than therapy and I am learning something.
Next Tuesday morning I will be back there.
This is what I learnt yesterday. Log Cabin. I love it.
------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment