I don't feel to have 'done' anything this year yet as I had no finished projects.
Yesterday while blog surfing I visited Lucy at attic 24. I visit there quite alot.
Lucy does alot of crochet in beautiful colours that just go together wonderfully.
I then visited a few more crochet blogs but I knew I was in trouble when I started looking at crochet projects on Ravelry.
There was nothing more to do then but some crochet.
I started by putting 2 rows of black around some hexagons I made last year but no, that wasn't enough to satisfy me.
I have a rail of my own handdyed handspun in the studio just looking at me and knew that a crochet scarf might be just waht I needed.
Crochet and handspun just go together really well, its different to knitting, the way the stitches work in crochet blends the colours together.
I wound off a skein of handspun and got to work. I crocheted and ripped back out all afternoon until I was happy with the hook size and the stitch pattern.
I finally got started properly at knit night last night.
I have just finished this........
I love it. I forget just how much I enjoy crochet and the fact that it grows so quickly.
This scarf is slightly too short for me, I've run out of wool now.
Thats not a problem though, I am going to block it longer.
Expect more photos later.
No comments:
Post a Comment