I seem to have let things go abit this year. I don't know where all the time has gone.
I have hardly any finished crafting projects even though I am always crafting.
Last year was the first year we had the greenhouse and it was also our worst growing year.
This is only our 3rd year but I felt so discouraged by last year.
Although there isn't a lot of money involved in growing there is an awful lot of time.
Last year was terrible. We grew from seed 36 tomato plants and had less than 1/2 dozen tomatoes in total.
The weather has turned this last week and it seems a shame not to do anything as I have the greenhouse, compost and still some seeds.
I've just planted the long tubs with peas.
The smaller round tubs are chillis and peppers, both of which I've never tried before.
The larger round tubs are just a mixture of flower seeds thrown in together. I don't usually do flowers, our garden is quite large but apart from snowdrops it is all bushes and trees which provide enough colour.
Some of the seeds won't grow as they are out of date but I thought it was worth a chance.
I am now planning on buying some tomato plants instead of growing from seed. Maybe planting some potatoes too.
Funny thing is, the year before last when we first started we did really well. I don't know if it was the weather or beginners luck but I had no idea what I was doing and just planted and hoped for the best. Last year I read books and planted seeds at the correct time etc. This year I'm going back to being a beginner, lots of hope required.
Wish me luck.
------------------
1 comment:
I agree this gardenning lark is very random
I have had no luck with peas and always grow tomatoes on from plants my dad has left over. I did once grow peppers successfully but never again.
Post a Comment