Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Socks finished.


Helga's are finished. These are really comfortable, I will definately have to get some more of this wool.
I am disappointed in these slightly as the blue has pooled on the 2nd sock.It does give them a definate hand-knitted look though and I suppose it has taught me a lesson. I have cast on another pair and I am going to do the leg and heel of both socks with one hank and the foot and toe with the 2nd hank to avoid this happening again.

The silk socks are waiting to be frogged as I have bigger and better plans for the silk.
I will post a picture when I get further.

I am waiting for my bamboo circular needles to arrive from China so that I can put all my wide fancy scarves onto them. Plus I have won 500g of sirdar silk look in shade peacock from e-bay too so I am almost stalking the postman at the moment.

1 comment:

Curly Cable said...

Just came across your blog and popped into say Hi, and to say what fantastic socks you've made, they are fab, don't worry about the pooling they look great, Knitted socks are definately the best!