


I have been wanting to try this for the longest time....at least a week!!
I have done research until I am dizzy so today I decided to just jump in feet first.
I wound 50g of white wool into a hank ( skein?).
I then followed the procedure that can be found here... http://pieknits.blogspot.com/2006/02/dyeing-with-wiltons-icing-dye.com
It really seemed simple and it was. I used supercook green food colouring as thats all I had in the house and some vinegar from the pickled onions but hey it worked. To remove the vinegar smell as it was cooling I added some lavender essential oil.
It is now drying in the garage.
I am now wondering if I could use the same technique with blackcurrant cordial as that always stains clothes and Kool Aid is primarily a fruit drink.
4 comments:
I'm loving the pickled onion vinegar for dyeing!! It's good to know I'm not the only one obsessed enough to use - errr - odd substitutes in 'emegencies'!
The yarn colour looks great. What are the plans for it??
Well done! Isn't it fun.
Gorgeous green colour and like the vinegar substitution.
No plans for yarn as yet as there is only 50g. Just having fun dyeing all the wool I can find.x
Post a Comment