Heres a family story that DD1 says I can't post but hey-ho.
Last week while we were in Northumberland we planned to visit Scotland. We told DD1 that she would have to wait in the caravan because we'd not got her passport! She fell for that for a while until she rang her Grandad to check if her passport was needed. Obviously not.
Anyway we set off.
As we approached the border we passed a roadsign 'Scottish border 1 mile'.
A voice was heard from 15 year old DD1 in the back of the car....'Why is the border a mile wide?' ( Duh....it was a mile in front ).
Once over the border she then asked if it was France she could see from her window.
All this from a straight A student who thinks ( and we haven't corrected her ) that baby mice are called Micicles.
This could work very well as blackmail as I have loads more I can publish.
8 comments:
i love the name micicles we should write to the people who name animals to get them renamed
I love this story - my daughter (18) is just the same. Good grades - often gullible!
I love the name micicles too - too cute!!
Debs xx
Black mail on a teenager.....what a great position to be in.
My sister, 24, is like that too. Brilliant when it comes to books, but when it comes to simple things she's always confused.
Ahhh the confused road trip brain addled child.... I believe brains don't work as well on long trips so I'll sympathise with your DD.
When I was about 15, and my sister was 14 we had the following exchange on a particularly long car journey:
Me: two miles
S: two?
Me: Edmunston
S: two?
Me (louder): Edmunston!
S (frustrated): Two????
Me (very loud): Edmunston!!!
It went on a worryingly long time before we sussed out the issues. Even now we can crack each other up by simply saying "two?" the other will always reply "Edmunston!!!"
Micicles is ok by me too. In much the same way that a fire engine is a firing engine, and we always say "look, a train" - even if it's just Mr A and I in the car!!!!!!!
Grades and intelligence have nothing to do with that sort of thing. I only know too well what sort of comments a candid and imaginative spirit can produce as I've had that affliction all my life. The world could do with more words like micicles and people to imagine them:)
Post a Comment