Saturday, 5 January 2008

Spinning....

Well I had my spinning lesson last Friday...
I had been really nice to Hubby for 2 weeks hinting that I needed a better wheel and my teacher had one for sale that I could have for Christmas. Finally he said yes and she brought it with her. I now have an Ashford Traditional (for £50!!!) my Christmas gift.
It is fantastic, I love it. It spins like a dream.



This is my first wheelspun.
49.5yrds of 9wpi which is about a worsted weight.



This is my second...
85.5yrds of 11wpi which is about a DK weight.



Here is my third.
151.5yrds of 12wpi which is about a DK weight.

I am spinning at the moment some more of the bottom roving and it is spinning much thinner this time so I am hoping for sport weight and enought o do myself a pair of socks.

2 comments:

YarnSnob said...

wow, you're spinning is wonderful!! I just have a spindle and somehow can't get to grips with it. I have roving that is shouting at me...spin me spin me lol
I must invest in a spinning wheel...great bargain

Craftybernie said...

I'm so jealous you got a wheel for £50!!!

The yarn is really lovely. It's great fun watching your progress.

Roughly how long did it take you to spin each of the skeins ? - just wondering for comparison to the spindle spun yarn.