Thursday, 22 January 2009

January socks.


My creation
Originally uploaded by knittywittywoo
Mr K has been promised a pair of socks per month. January's are knitted in Cheviot that I spun from fleece. I spun these quite a while ago and I can definately see an improvement in my spinning after knitting these up. This was quite thin in places and I went through my finger quite a few times with the needle.
Mr K is 'allowed' to wear these to work in his boots as it is so cold that only fleece socks keep his feet warm. I can always darn them if they start looking abit worse for wear.
I have to start thinking now what to spin for February's socks. I have carded some Black Welsh Mountain and started spinning it although it is spinning abit thick and thin. I was thinking about plying it with some Jacob to get a tweedy effect. There is no way I am knitting him socks just from black.

No comments: