I wasn't totally happy with the photo's used in a previous post where I talked about fadeing.
I found these socks out and some spare wool that I had left.
These socks were spun from my own dyed roving ( with kitchen friendly, non toxic, food colouring ) and completed on June 14th 2008.
I have worn them alot since then, they go through the washer and get dried outside in the sun. I am not careful with my socks, they go in trainers and boots and if I have to go outside to the bins more often than not, I'll just have the socks on. The colour to the right of the photo is the sole of the sock.
I have knitted up a sample of the wool I had left and pinned that to the sock so there is no way I can alter the colours to look better, honesty rules!
These socks are 15 months old and I am happy with the way the colours are, they seem slightly muted but nothing that would make me throw my hands up in horror.
I am in the process of setting up a Folksy shop, please pop by once I am opened.

1 comment:
Nothing more special than hand dyed, hand spun and hand knitted socks .. yours are gorgeous and proves they do last as well :))
Whoop on you setting up a shop, wishing you lots of luck with it and yes I do sleep lol.. just don't post that often so it looks like I do a lot!
You weave too? I love it done one this week and something else is on the loom right now..
Post a Comment