Thursday, 24 September 2009

Purely research.


My creation
Originally uploaded by knittywittywoo
I mean it's not as if I need any more socks but I do have to see how the dyed yarn knits up. I must automatically knit UK size 7's.
I am very pleased with how this has knitted. I have done it toe up with a heel flap, my new favourite method.
There is a 2x2 rib on the instep and then all the way round the leg. I felt it needed abit of texture to stop any possible pooling there might be, I still have stocking stitch on the sole so I could see how that looked and there doesn't seem to be pooling anywhere, just merging.
I always seem to get pooling around the heel area when the stitch count changes but these haven't done it so for me they pass the test.
I am so surprised at all the different stages yarn goes through and how different it looks in each stage, dyeing, reskeining and then knitted up.

I am still knitting the red/lilac pair from the previous post and they are doing really well too ( all my little baby skeins are behaving ). I have to cast a pair on soon in pink for my neice for Christmas, these will be in a semi solid so I can test those too.

1 comment:

Cinders said...

lovely socks. I love the way your yarn turned out. did you just drop balck in and let it seperate?