
I love getting things cheap. This was a large mans jumper from the charity shop. So far I have made myself a pair of socks and fingerless mitts from it and there is still loads left.

I cast on for these on 10th November, no excuse for why they have taken so long. I think they were Christmas knitting for a gift but I must have changed my mind and probably did socks instead....everyone seemed to get socks this time.
I love them. The wool is a deep burgandy but it has a flecked / mottled effect with a lighter shade too.
All I had to do to finish them was the thumbs and thankfully it is still cold enough here to need to wear them.
I am thinking that a nice slouchy beanie type hat might look nice too.
Last night I was very naughty and ordered quite a considerable amount of sock wool online. I confessed when Mr K got home but the saving was so good that he didn't mind. He didn't even seem to mind that I don't particularly like knitting with this wool and I am planning this years gifts in advance.
It should be delivered during the next 4 days.
I am quite excited..........I will take photo's then.
No comments:
Post a Comment