Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Patchwork in 2011, too ambitious?


I saw this top material before Christmas on sale at £3.59 a metre instead of £6.99 and fell in love with it.
I decided I was going to make a quilt type thingy.
In hexagons!
By hand!


Once I got it home I decided that the centres had to be green and I was also going to do black hexagons in between to break up the colours abit.

I am really liking this so far.
I have 3 of the flowery hexagons complete and i am just doing it as and when it takes my fancy,
There is no time limit on it, just fun.

I now have 6 metres of the patterned and 2 metres each of green and black.
I might just continue until I either run out or it is big enough. As I haven't done anything like this before I have no idea of how much material I could need.

No comments: